Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nong Shim - Seafood Ramyun

Seafood-flavored instant noodles are notorious for being disgusting due to overwhelming seafood flavor. However, since seafood broths are such an important part of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and Taiwanese cuisine, the seafood-flavored instant noodles are an essential part of a ramen manufacturer's lineup.

The noodle brick came in the convenient circular shape. Inconveniently, however, the noodles had been broken into a few pieces during transit. My first thought upon sipping the broth was that these noodles did not really taste like seafood at all. Instead, the spiciness was quite powerful and overwhelmed the seafood taste at first. This is a pretty common seafood strategy among Korean noodle-makers since most of the seafood noodle soups in Korean cuisine are quite spicy anyway.


After a few more sips, I started to taste the seafood identity of this broth. It was just a basic fish flavor but went quite well with the noodles. I probably wouldn't get these noodles again because I prefer the basic "hot and spicy" flavor without the seafood taste. There is nothing wrong with the seafood flavor here, it just seems a little unnecessary to me.

Order Now from Amazon.com

Nong Shim - Seafood Ramyun - 6.0/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seafood Ramyun is my favorite type of ramen. I crave the seafood flavor, in fact that is the flavor I buy most often.

Anonymous said...

you can find a good selection of korean ramen at ramenklub.com. plus they have ramen videos where people can share.

Gee Chelsea said...

Nong shim Seafood ramyun is my favourite one..
I love it much...
It makes me addicted to ramyun..
I also love squid flavor ramyun