Saturday, November 17, 2007

Jin Ramyon - Mild Taste

These noodles have nearly the identical packaging as Jin Ramyon - Hot Taste except that the color scheme has been changed to blue instead of red. Here, they have also used a slightly different picture that includes a couple slices of beef. The raw egg yolk is still prominently in the picture. The package also proudly advertises that this pack of instant noodles is MSG Free, which is quite an accomplishment because these things are usually full of MSG.


The noodles were thick, chewy, and flavorless as I expected from trying the Hot Taste of these noodles. The biggest surprise was that the broth was a little bit spicy. I had been expecting a flavor completely devoid of heat but actually there was a pleasant peppery spice to the soup. In fact, the broth tasted quite good, combining flavors of pepper, soy sauce, mushroom, and beef. Much better than the Hot Taste flavor made by these guys.


I wasn't thrilled with this pack of instant noodles since the noodles themselves are quite disappointing. However, the broth was a pleasant surprise and was definitely flavorful and savory despite having no MSG. I recommend the Mild Taste much more than the Hot Taste for Jin Ramyon.

Jin Ramyon - Mild Taste - 5.5/10

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting blog topic..

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you order your Korean Ramen. I lived in Korea for 2 years and miss Jin Ramen and galbi. If you could give me a heads up on where to order it without paying as much in shipping as I do for the Ramen, it would be great.

Alvin said...

I was able to get a lot of Korean ramen from Freshia Market in Tustin, CA. If you don't live in SoCal, then just try to find a local Asian supermarket and ask them to order your favorites.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is my new favorite site. I've hardly tried any of this but I have tried Jin Ramyon. You don't mention Shin Ramyun on here which is quite similar but a little spicier than the Hot Taste Jin Ramyon I think. There's also one other that I can't remember the name of (probably because the package is in Korean), but its not here either.

Alvin said...

Actually, there are already two reviews of Shin Ramyun:

Review 1
Review 2

veganshin2chin said...

You listed these as vegetarian, though it looks like it contains beef.Or is that just for the picture?

By the way, what is the most spicy, hot instant noodle that is available in most country's?(i live in austalia).

Alvin said...

The picture is just a "serving suggestion" of example toppings you might want to add. Shin Ramyun is probably the most common and popular spicy instant noodle. You may also be able to find the spicy flavor of Nissin noodles.

Anonymous said...

you can find a good selection of korean ramen at ramenklub.com. plus they have ramen videos where people can share.

buy kamagra said...

this is my favorite instant ramen in the world, of course that I prefer the natural and fresh one, but when the hungry attack and you don't have time, this is the best solution.

Victoria said...

This by far is the best packaged noodles I have ever tasted, and I'm very picky with my noodles. But I guess my preference for chewy, soft noodles are a big deciding factor for this. I can't stand the fried, dry textures of other packaged noodles like nissin.
I make homemade noodles regularly and this comes close enough to it in texture and quality. I might not have to knead on a ball of dough for half an hour and wait 2 hours plus for a bowl of quality noodles anymore. :D

Anonymous said...

Jin ramen isn't jin ramen until you pimp it up with eggs and scallions. All korean ramen should be pimped up in this way to enjoy it to its maximum full capacity of deliciousness.