Monday, October 10, 2005

Nissin Demae Ramen - Pork Flavor

Nissin Demae is a fairly popular brand of Asian ramen, although I usually get the beef flavor. This time, I tried the pork.



As you can see, the noodles are fairly standard. They did not absorb much flavor, but the texture was nice and overall did not really improve or detract from the overall ramen experience. The broth was really tasty! Subtle yet robust flavoring, and a change of pace from the usual in-your-face barrage of spices.



My only complaint, however, is that there was no hot oil packet or little bits of veggies. I really like the little bits of veggies for the color and taste. As you can see, the cooked ramen looks rather bland, although the broth is actually quite flavorful.

This is a good choice if you are looking for a basic ramen to warm you up on a cold rainy afternoon. Look elsewhere if you want something spicy or with a strong taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tried most of the Sapporo Ichiban flavors and the Nissin Flavors. Tonkatsu is my favorite. I liked Miso flavor at first taste, but that one got old fast...bleh. In general these ramen have better flavors than the american nissin but the same lame-o ramen texture. I love the sesame oil packet though- that makes all the difference.